Public input encouraged for possible Duck Farm Bridge replacement

First Selectman Michael C. Tetreau announced that the Town of Fairfield is contemplating a project to replace the Duck Farm Bridge over the Mill River. The bridge replacement project would receive federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.

If undertaken, the project design would be expected to begin in Spring, 2017 with construction likely in 2019 or 2020.

Tetreau points out that local and state policy encourages early information to citizens on such projects and encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process. Persons wanting additional information should contact William Hurley, Engineering Manager at 203-256-3015 or [email protected].

The cost of the bridge replacement would receive 80% reimbursement from federal aid with the remaining 20% paid from municipal funds.

The federal aid for the project was authorized under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP — 21) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Fairfield Sun, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress