Firefighters extinguish attic fire

Fairfield-brettrdfire

Fairfield firefighters put out an attic fire at 445 Brett Road.

The Fairfield Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at 445 Brett Road, today at 11:24 a.m. The homeowner reported an odor of smoke with no apparent fire or visible smoke.

Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters conducted an extensive search of the house, which revealed smoke and a small amount of fire in the attic. The cause appeared to be a recessed light component that had overheated and ignited the attic insulation.

“The resident was fortunate to have been home to smell the smoke,” said Erik Kalapir, assistant fire chief and the incident commander. “And they made the critical decision to call the fire department immediately even before their fire alarm system was activated, which got us here in a matter of minutes.”

As a result, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire with a minimum of damage to the residence, added Kalapir, noting that had the residents “not been home or called us when they did this could easily have caused a great deal of damage during the holiday season.”

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Fairfield Sun, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress