Falcons stunned by late Hilltopper touchdown

Fairfield Ludlowe lost to Bridgeport Central, 24-21, in an FCIAC football game at Kennedy Stadium on Friday night.
The Hilltoppers’ Mykel Morris broke free for a 78-yard run to score the go-ahead touchdown with one minute remaining.
Ludlowe (2-1) had trailed 6-0 after one quarter, but took a 10-6 lead into the half on Bryan Pacewizc’s 1-yard run with 9:59 left and Jake Tymon’s conversion kick and his 25-yard field goal at the 4:58 mark.
The drive leading to the field goal was set up by Wil Parisi’s fumble recovery on the Central 34-yard line midway through the second period.
Greg Buturla had a pair of interceptions in the first half for the Falcons.
Ludlowe went in front 18-6 when Spencer Foley had a big hit on Morris to force a fumble, which Alex Zeko picked up and returned 45 yards for a touchdown. Pacewicz ran for the two-point conversion with 1:34 on the clock in the third quarter.
Central (1-2) tied the game with consecutive touchdowns — an 11-yard run on the first play of the final period and Morris’ 10-yard scamper with 5:43 to play in regulation.
Daleek Chambers picked up a tough hop on the ensuing kickoff and returned the ball from his own 35 to Central’s 20-yard line.
Ludlowe had a first-and goal from the four only to be stopped at the one. Tymon kicked an 18-yard field goal with 3:09 left for a 21-18 lead.
Foley recovered a fumbled squib kick and the Falcons ran off six plays, and moved the chains once, before giving the ball up on downs at the Central 26 with 1:33 remaining.
Central had no time outs left, but after a loss of four yards, Morris twisted and turned his way and found the end zone.
Central intercepted the ball on Ludlowe’s first play from scrimmage and ran out the clock.

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Fairfield Sun, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress