Fire breaks out above Taco Loco in Black Rock

Fire broke out in an apartment above Taco Loco, 3170 Fairfield Ave., just after 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, closing the restaurant until a health inspection.

According to Doing It Local, police were quick on the scene, confirmed smoke and flames on the second floor and began evacuating the building.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the back second floor window and went to work battling the blaze, according to Doing It Local.

The apartment is located above the kitchen, it is not certain where the fire originated, Doing It Local reported. The fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate.

Bridgeport fire officials said there was no significant structural damage. The fire apparently began behind a stove and spread up a wall. The fire department extinguished it very quickly.

The health inspector was also called to the scene.  The restaurant cannot reopen without the health inspectors approval.

Because of the nature of the business, the restaurant will remain closed for a period of time, fire officials said.

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Fairfield Sun, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress