Menu 

New Year’s fire

 

FScouchfire

Just after 9:30 p.m. on New Years Day, Fairfield firefighters responded to a couch fire at 133 Farmstead Hill Road. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and fire pushing out of the front of them home. Firefighters had to contend with slippery snow and ice as well as two fire hoses that burst. Despite the setbacks firefighters were able to make a quick knockdown of the flames. “The damage is extensive to the home,” said Assistant Chief George Gomola, adding that when any type of foam catches fire “it is basically gasoline, when it burns the smoke itself it produces is flammable in of itself. The open floor plan allowed the fire to extend through the house before the firefighters had an opportunity to get any water on it. Firefighters cut a hole through the roof to ventilate and prevent the fire from burning through the attic. Two adults were displaced in the fire and there were no reported injuries to them or to the firefighters. The fire was called in by the homeowners and then the alarm company called in the blaze as well. Fire officials will continue to investigate. (Photo and video by DoingItLocal.com)

About author

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© Hersam Acorn. All rights reserved. Fairfield Sun, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress