Turning 65 can come with a lot of questions about Medicare and how and when to enroll. Southwestern CT Agency on Aging has trained and certified volunteer counselors through CT’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program (CHOICES) who offer straightforward, easy to understand presentations to demystify the complexities of the Medicare program. Volunteer counselors are available to meet with individuals who are new to Medicare or current Medicare enrollees who have questions and need information on their Medicare healthcare options.
CHOICES is funded by grants from the Administration for Community Living and from the State of Connecticut. CHOICES is managed through the CT State Dept. on Aging and administered by the Southwestern CT Agency on Aging in Southwestern Connecticut. For more information call CHOICES at 800-994-9422.
Upcoming presentations will be conducted throughout Fairfield County at the locations and dates below:
- Norwalk Community Health CTR (CHC), 120 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk, Friday, March 19, noon-2 p.m.
- Eleanor Apartments, 695 Park Avenue, Bridgeport, March 21, 3-4:30.
- ABCD Community Center, 52 George Pipkin Way, Bridgeport April 6, 10-11 a.m.
- Stratford Library, 2203 Main St, Stratford, April 12, 10:30-12:30.
- Burroughs Community Center, 2470 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport, April 16, 4-6 p.m.
- Waveny Center, 3 Farm Road, New Canaan, Thursday, April 21, 6-7 p.m.
- Norwalk CHC, 120 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk, Saturday, April 23, noon-3.
- Weston Senior Center, 9 School Road, Weston, Tuesday, April 26, 5:30-7:30.
- Westport Center for Sr. Activities, 21 Imperial Avenue, Westport, Thursday, May 5, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Norwalk CHC, 120 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk, Friday, June 10, noon-2.
There is no charge for this service. CHOICES counselors do not sell or endorse any insurance product. To find a counselor in your community or make an appointment with a SWCAA counselor, call 800-994-9422.